Travels with Annie

In September 2005, I was diagnosed with the second recurrence of an agressive breast cancer that appeared first in 1997. My book, Travels With Annie: A Journey of Healing and Adventure (Publish America, 2004) chronicles my first bout with cancer and subsequent travels. This time I will share my thoughts and experiences in verse for my friends and acquaintances.

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Mark's Sabbatical


Here is Mark, displaying his unbounding energy in Chacala in February. We were there together to find a contractor and begin an addition on my casita. Mark is an ER pediatrician from Denver who has taken a 6 month sabbatical and is traveling in Latin America. He was in my pueblo again for 10 days in June, working with our contractor, who should complete our addition in another few weeks. Then he went to Mexico City and attended a 10-day Vipassana Meditation Retreat, and now is in El Salvador. He is posting a journal at NotesfromLatinAmerica.blogspot.com. I am waiting anxiously for him to write about the meditation retreat, particularly since he had never meditated. Check out his blog


Casa de Ana before addition


Casa de Ana when Mark visited Chacala in June. Three bedrooms and a bathroom open on to the balcony you see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home