Travels with Annie

In September 2005, I was diagnosed with the second recurrence of an agressive breast cancer that appeared first in 1997. My book, Travels With Annie: A Journey of Healing and Adventure (Publish America, 2004) chronicles my first bout with cancer and subsequent travels. This time I will share my thoughts and experiences in verse for my friends and acquaintances.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Adventures and Misadventures in Alaska


I arrive in Vancouver on August 2nd, am fetched by Sue, my good friend from Mexico, who drives me around Vancouver. We ferry to Vancouver Island, and then to tiny Gabriola Island, to a cozy “cabin in the woods” home she shares with her husband, Stan. I soak up their friendship and walk on the beach.

After a few days, we ferry back to Vancouver Island, drive up the coast from Nanaimo to meet Donna and Rudy, who take me up island to their home in Campbell River, where I feed the buffalo and gossip and laugh for hours about Chacala.

Donna drives me to Nanaimo, where I board a bus to take the ferry back to Vancouver. A taxi delivers me to my cruise ship, the Veendam, to meet my Elder Hostel group.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home