Travels with Annie

In September 2005, I was diagnosed with the second recurrence of an agressive breast cancer that appeared first in 1997. My book, Travels With Annie: A Journey of Healing and Adventure (Publish America, 2004) chronicles my first bout with cancer and subsequent travels. This time I will share my thoughts and experiences in verse for my friends and acquaintances.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

A Miracle of Love

How is it possible
for a lovely nine-pound creature...
who knows nothing of the world
except how to suck,
and cry,
and yawn,
and sneeze,
and fill diaper after diaper...
to so completely
enchant every big person
(and little person too)
in the room?

When she opens new blue eyes,
and blinks,
and wiggles in your arms,
and peers into
your face,
it's as though she wraps
her tiny fist right around your heart
and squeezes.

Such a simple act.
Such a profound response.
A miracle of love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home