Travels with Annie

In September 2005, I was diagnosed with the second recurrence of an agressive breast cancer that appeared first in 1997. My book, Travels With Annie: A Journey of Healing and Adventure (Publish America, 2004) chronicles my first bout with cancer and subsequent travels. This time I will share my thoughts and experiences in verse for my friends and acquaintances.

Thursday, August 24, 2006


At dinner in the formal dining room, all decked out in a gown and eating crablegs topped with julienne vegetables, I notice that the sores in my mouth and throat are not getting better, and in fact feel worse. It is getting difficult to swallow.

In Juneau, we are blessed by the appearance of humpback whales approaching our small whale-watching boat, arching, diving, showing off their magnificent flukes.

When I shower at night, I feel my neck muscle bulging slightly, the hardening creeping up my neck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home